Advanced Technology for Online Surveys
Some marketing questions are best answered by mobile phone surveys. If it’s important to know exactly what consumers are doing and thinking while “on the go” or at a given place or time, then smartphone surveys are often ideal. These surveys must be succinct and simple for small screens. To access a mobile phone survey, respondents text a keyword to a specified number or scan a QR code with a mobile phone’s camera. The keyword and number or QR code are often printed on sales receipts, invoices, or packages.
iPads and tablet computers are also often used to access online surveys. Decision Analyst’s software systems are designed to recognize the mobile device and browser type and then to optimize the survey for that device.
- American Consumer Opinion® Online Panel. Our proprietary panel of U.S. and international consumers currently numbers 7 million members.
- Decision Analyst’s Proprietary Specialty Panels. We’ve developed panels that focus on technology professionals, physicians, executives, and contractors.
- Online Community or Private Online Panel. Decision Analyst builds, recruits and manages custom online research communities for clients
- Client-Provided Sample. The client may generate a sample of customers, employees, or purchasers, along with their Internet addresses. Decision Analyst then conducts the survey.
- Client’s Website. We can place a programmed survey on the client's website, or place a link from the client’s site to Decision Analyst’s secure web server to complete the survey.
- Advertising Recruitment. Targeted consumers can be recruited via advertising on related websites and/or email lists. These consumers are invited to our secure web server to participate in the study.
- Telephone or Mail Recruitment. The original sample is recruited by telephone or mail. Respondents are then invited to our secure web server to complete the questionnaire
Icion® is our proprietary multivariate sampling and panel management software system. Icion® simultaneously balances samples by geography, gender, age, income, and ethnicity with random selection of respondents within each quota cell.
A second function of Icion® is to track respondent participation in studies and track response to each study. This careful tracking of respondent participation and response is crucial to proper management of the panel and to the correct execution of each study.
Logician® is Decision Analyst’s proprietary questionnaire programming software, designed and coded by Decision Analyst’s programmers. It features:
- Mobile and Tablet Compatible. Decision Analyst’s software systems are designed to recognize the screen size and browser type that each respondents is using and then optimize the survey for that device.
- Algebraic Logic.
- Comprehensive Boolean Skip and Branching Logic.
- Hidden Skip Logic. Respondents never see any evidence of skips (i.e., the questions the respondent sees always flow in numerical sequence).
- Variable Piping. Piping of variables from the sample into the questionnaire and from question to question are possible.
- Card Sort and Slider Bar Question Types. These and other question types provide interaction and engagement for respondents.
- Random or Systematic Rotation. This can apply to questions, blocks of questions, and answer choices from respondent to respondent.
- Control of the Questionnaire Flow. Respondents can be blocked from backing up or can be allowed to stop midquestionnaire and come back later to finish.
- Error Trapping. If the respondent fails to answer a question, or answers it with an incorrect type of response, an immediate error message appears.
- Forced Answering. Respondents cannot skip over questions as they do in mail surveys. The program will not let them continue if they fail to answer a question.
- Sounds and Pictures. Sounds and visuals can be integrated into the questionnaire.
- Image Protection. Images and videos in surveys are protected by proprietary technology.
- Clickable Images. Different parts of an image (title, logo, product, different parts of the text) can be made clickable, and respondents can be asked to select the parts they like (or do not like).
- Format Flexibility. Different screen layouts, background colors, font types, colors, and sizes are available.
- File Upload. Respondents can be instructed to submit images, videos, or other files as part of a research or innovation project.
- Embedding an Interactive Website. An interactive website can be embedded into a survey. Repondents can then be tracked as they vew and broswe the embedded website.
- Single-Response and Multiple-Response Questions. Multiple-response questions can even accept answers up to a limit (i.e., up to three answers or up to four answers, etc.).
- Open-Ended Questions. Responses to open-ended questions can be captured verbatim. Unaided questions are always asked as open-ended questions.
- Encryption. Our Internet server is encrypted with SSL (Secure Socket Layering) for total security.
- Complex Quotas, Cells Assignments, and Augments. Logician® provides extraordinary capabilities to set and manage quotas within surveys and to accurately control cell assignments and augments.
Decision Analyst’s Logician® Online Reporting platform includes an integrated suite of applications designed to manage data and customize reports. Our online reporting capabilities include:
- Web Publishing. A static electronic report posted on a secure webpage.
- Report Distribution. Simple data query (e.g., sales per quarter per region), which is passed by a user through the web and is posted for viewing.
- Custom Cross-Tabs. System that permits users to run their own cross-tabs. Tabulated results can be exported to Excel for charting and graphing.
Online Research Services
If you would like more information on Online Research, please contact Jerry W. Thomas, President/CEO, by emailing him at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling 1-800-ANALYSIS (262-5974) or 1-817-640-6166.