| Analytical Consulting
| GeoAnalytic Consulting
Analysis or Retail Site Selection
Location Analysis or Retail Site Selection
A location analysis or a retail site selection study evaluates the potential opportunity for a specific site.
This is applicable for retail stores investigating new locations, or shopping center developers interested in understanding the market opportunity a proposed
site might offer. Tailored to client needs, a location analysis would involve some of the following elements:
- Overview of the surrounding market and review of macro trends such as population
and employment growth.
- Delineation of retail trade area boundaries for the site based on drive
time analysis and other influencing factors such as topography, competition,
and regional accessibility.
- Examination and benchmarking of trade area characteristics such as population
and household change, and demographic characteristics such as age, income,
- Review of key retail store or shopping center competition within the trade
area, focusing on relative strengths and weaknesses against the proposed site.
- Forecast of sales potential for the site and estimation of market share
capture for the retailer or shopping center.
- Final recommendation for the specific geographic location, taking all factors
Decision Analyst’s strengths in statistics and mathematics, simulation,
modeling, and optimization provide the analytical horsepower to address complex
business and strategy problems. If you would like more information on our GeoAnalytic
Research Services, please contact Jim King, Vice President,
Director of GeoAnalytics (firstname.lastname@example.org)
or call 1-800-ANALYSIS (262-5974) or 1-817-640-6166.
Additional Resources from Decision Analyst
Advanced Analytics Brochures
GeoAnalytic Case Histories