| Marketing Research Services
| Online Research
| Advanced Technology
Smartphones and Tablets
Some marketing questions are best answered by smartphone surveys. If it’s important to know exactly what consumers are doing and thinking while “on
the go” or at a given place or time, then smartphone surveys are often ideal. These surveys must be succinct and simple for small screens. To access a smartphone
survey, respondents text a keyword to a specified number or scan a QR code with a smartphone’s camera. The keyword and number or QR code are often printed
on sales receipts, invoices, or packages.
iPads and tablet computers are also often used to access online surveys. Decision Analyst’s software systems are designed to recognize the mobile
device and browser type, and then optimize the survey for that device.
Icion® Multivariate Sampling
Icion® is our proprietary multivariate sampling and panel management software system. Icion® simultaneously balances samples by geography, gender, age,
income, and ethnicity with random selection of respondents within each quota cell.
A second function of Icion® is to track respondent participation in studies and track response to each study. This careful tracking of respondent participation
and response is crucial to proper management of the panel and to the correct execution of each study.
Logician® Questionnaire Programming
Logician® is Decision Analyst's proprietary questionnaire programming software, designed and coded by Decision Analyst's programmers. It features:
- Algebraic Logic.
- Comprehensive Boolean Skip and Branching Logic.
- Hidden Skip Logic. Respondents never see any evidence of skips (i.e., the questions the respondent sees always flow in numerical sequence).
- Variable Piping. Piping of variables from the sample into the questionnaire and from question to question are possible.
- Card Sort, and Slider Bar Question Types. These and other questions types provide interaction and engagement for respondents.
- Random or Systematic Rotation. This can apply to questions, blocks of questions, and answer choices from respondent to respondent.
- Control of the Questionnaire Flow. The respondents can be blocked from backing up or can be allowed to stop midquestionnaire and
come back later to finish.
- Error Trapping. If the respondent fails to answer a question, or answers it with an incorrect type of response, an immediate error
- Forced Answering. Respondents cannot skip over questions as they do in mail surveys. The program will not let them continue if
they fail to answer a question.
- Sounds and Pictures. Sounds and visuals can be integrated into the questionnaire.
- Image Protection. Images and videos in surveys are protected by proprietary technology.
- Format Flexibility. Different screen layouts, background colors, font types, colors, and sizes are options.
- Single-Response and Multiple-Response Questions.
Multiple-response questions can even accept answers up to a limit (i.e., up to three answers or up to four answers, etc.).
- Open-Ended Questions. Responses to open-ended questions can be captured verbatim. Unaided questions are always asked as open-ended questions.
- Encryption. Our Internet server is encrypted with SSL (Secure Socket Layering) for total security.
- Complex Quotas, Cells Assignments and Augments.
Logician® provides extraordinary capabilities to set and manage quotas within
surveys and accurately control cell assignments and augments.
Logician® Online Reporting System
Decision Analyst’s Logician® Online Reporting Platform includes an integrated suite of applications designed to manage data and customize reports.
Our online reporting capabilities include:
- Web Publishing. A static electronic report posted on a secure webpage.
- Report Distribution. Simple data query (e.g., sales per quarter per region), which is passed by a user through the web and is posted
- Custom Cross-tabs. System that provides permits users to run their own cross-tabs. Tabulated results can be exported to Excel
for charting and graphing.
Online Research Services
If you would like more information on Online Research, please contact Jerry W. Thomas, President/CEO (firstname.lastname@example.org),
or call 1-800-ANALYSIS (262-5974) or 1-817-640-6166.
Additional Resources From Decision Analyst
Online Research Brochures
Online Research White Papers